The CACHE LEVEL 3 Award in Supporting Teaching & Learning (RQF) Qualification is to enable you to gain the required Government recognised (RQF) qualification as a teaching assistant in order to secure a job in either a Primary or Secondary school.
As a Teaching Assistant you are responsible for carrying out practical and administrative tasks, and you are required to work under the direction of the class teacher in the supervision and support of pupils’ learning. In doing this you are helping to make more time available for the Teacher to teach on a daily basis.
Teaching Assistants work under the direction and supervision of Teachers in order to help promote effective learning and teaching usually for children that may encounter learning difficulties. They carry out tasks delegated to them by the Teacher in order to work with children on both a 1-2-1 basis and also taking small groups to support learning.
The Teaching Assistant will be responsible for contributing in the following areas:
- supporting the Teacher
- supporting the pupil
- supporting the curriculum
- supporting the school
GOVERNMENT (OFQUAL) REGULATED | ACCEPTED BY ALL UK SCHOOLS | OFSTED APPROVED
Who is it for?
Our CACHE LEVEL 3 Award in Supporting Teaching & Learning (RQF) Qualification course is designed for people who either are, or wish to become, a Teaching Assistant.
Unit 1 – Schools and Colleges as Organisations
- Understand the structure of education from early years to post-compulsory education
- Understand how schools and colleges are organised in terms of roles and responsibilities
- Understand teamwork in schools and colleges
- Understand educational ethos, mission, aims and values
- Understand the purpose of policies and procedures in education
Unit 2 – Support Health and Safety in a Learning Environment
- Understand hot to plan and provide environments that support children and young people’s health and safety
- Understand how to recognise and manage risks to health, safety and security in a learning environment or during off-site visits
- Understand how to support children and young people to assess and manage risk for themselves
- Understand appropriate responses to accidents, incidents, emergencies and illness in the learning environment and during off-site visits
- Understand own role in assisting in the administration of medication
Unit 3 – Understand how Children and Young People Develop
- Understand the expected pattern of development for children and young people from birth to 19 years
- Understand the factors that influence children and young people’s development and how these affect practice
- Understand how to monitor children and young people’s development and interventions that should take place if this is not following the expected pattern
Unit 4 – Understand how to Safeguard Children and Young People
- Understand legislation guidelines, policies and procedures for safeguarding children and young people
- Understand how to work in partnership with other organisations to safeguard children and young people
- Understand the need to ensure children and young people’s safety and protection in the learning environment
- Understand how to respond to evidence or concerns that a child or young person has been abused or harmed
- Understand how to work with children and young people to support their well-being
OFQUAL Qualification Details
Qualification reference number – 603/2495/8
Credit Value – 12
Click the ‘AutoVerify’ button below in order to check this qualifcation directly on the OFQUAL website:
Assessments are a great way of checking your progress allowing you to apply your learning to real-world situations. Through the CACHE LEVEL 3 Award in Supporting Teaching & Learning (RQF) Qualification, you will be assessed by a series of written assignments, which are submitted to and marked by your tutor.
All assignments are set by CACHE. Upon verification of the activities, exercises and assignments, a certificate of achievement will be awarded by NCFE, as confirmation that your written work has met all of the learning outcomes and assessment criteria for the course.
Please note: There is no examination required for this course.
You will have access to a Tutor, via email, who will mark your work and guide you through the course to help you prepare for your assignments. You will be provided with all course materials in order to complete your CACHE LEVEL 3 Award in Supporting Teaching & Learning (RQF) Qualification along with full Tutor support. The materials provided will enable you to complete your qualification in full.
The guided study hours to complete your CACHE LEVEL 3 Award in Supporting Teaching & Learning (RQF) Qualification are an approximate figure and are dependent upon how much time you can dedicate to your studies and how well you grasp the learning concepts in the course material. You should allow enough time to complete assignments/ question papers to ensure satisfactory outcomes are met.
The Certification fee for this qualification is £95.00 of which is only payable upon successful completion.
The approximate amount of time required to complete the CACHE LEVEL 3 Award in Supporting Teaching & Learning (RQF) Qualification is: 120 hours.
You will have an initial 8 months in which to complete this qualification.
Our CACHE LEVEL 3 Award in Supporting Teaching & Learning (RQF) Qualification is openly available to anyone wishing to learn more about becoming a Teaching Assistant and has a keen interest in the subject, plus an intention to progress a career.
- Learners should have access to a computer or a tablet device along with the internet in order to complete your study
- Learners should have basic PC/Tablet skills in order to navigate our Learner Management System (Learning Campus)
- You should be fully committed to your studies.
- Must be aged 16 and over