The TQUK Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools (RQF) Qualification is to enable you to gain your recognised Teaching Assistant qualification.
As a teaching assistant you are responsible for carrying out practical and administrative tasks, and you are required to work under the direction of the class teacher in the supervision and support of pupils’ learning. In doing this you are helping to make more time available for the teacher to teach on a daily basis.
Teaching assistants work under the direction and supervision of teachers in order to help promote effective learning and teaching usually for children that may encounter learning difficulties (SEN). They carry out tasks delegated to them by the teacher in order to work with children on both a 1-2-1 basis and also taking small groups to support learning.
As a Teaching Assistant you will be responsible for contributing in the following areas:
- Supporting the Teacher
- Supporting the pupil
- Supporting the curriculum
- Supporting the school
Qualification reference number – 601/2731/4
Credit Value – 32
This qualification is:
- OFQUAL REGULATED
- ACCEPTED IN ALL UK SCHOOLS
- OFSTED APPROVED
Verify our qualification directly on the Government website ‘OFQUAL’ for your own piece of mind clicking the ‘AutoVerify’ image below:
Have any further questions? Call us today on 01785 336464 and speak to our qualified course Advisers.
Our TQUK Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools (RQF) Qualification is openly available to anyone wishing to gain a full recognised qualification as a Teaching Assistant and has a keen interest in the subject, plus an intention to progress within the Education sector.
- To achieve the observational units, the awarding body requires a relevant work placement of a minimum of 50 hours in a school. We recommend 2 days a week (16 hours) for good practice, however, this is dependent on the schools availability. This can include voluntary or paid work.
- Learners should be keen to work in the sector to support teaching and learning in schools.
- All learners should have attention to detail and be willing to work in a team environment
- Should be willing to work using your own initiative when required.
- Students should have access to a computer and the internet throughout their study period.
- Learners should have basic PC skills in order to navigate our Learner Management System (LMS)
- You should be fully committed to your studies at all times.
- Must be aged 16 and over
The TQUK Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools (RQF) Qualification is assessed through activities which are developed by The Learning College, and are internally marked and sampled as part of quality assurance/internal verification procedures.
The assessment methods for this qualification are as follows:-
- Practical Demonstration
- Case Study
- Written Assignment
- Observation of Learner’s skills
- Question and answer sessions
You must be working in an appropriate school environment for a minimum of 50 hours in order for classroom observations to be conducted. This can include voluntary and unpaid work.
The guided study hours to complete your TQUK Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools (RQF) Qualification are an approximate figure and are dependent upon how much time you can dedicate to your studies and how well you grasp the learning concepts in the course material. You should allow enough time to complete assignments/ question papers to ensure satisfactory outcomes are met.
The approximate amount of time required to complete the TQUK Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools (RQF) Qualification is: 180 hours.
You will have an initial 12 months in which to complete this qualification.
You will have access to a Tutor, via email and telephone, who will mark your work and guide you through the course to help you prepare for your assignments. You will be provided with all course materials in order to complete your TQUK LEVEL 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools (RQF) Qualification in order for you to be guided through your course content. Full tutor support is offered throughout the course to ensure your learning outcomes are met to a satisfactory standard..
Who is it for?
Our TQUK LEVEL 3 Certificate Teaching Assistant (RQF) Qualification course is designed for people who either are, or wish to become, a teaching assistant.